Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I ASK YOU TALK: What is your 2009 Summer Jam?

I'm starting a new and HIGHLY journalistic venture. It's called I ASK YOU TALK and it's where I ask people I know and don't know random, yet pertinent questions that everyone needs answers to. And I also need a reason to meet interesting people in Dallas.

For once, I'm NOT doing the talking! Don't be shocked. Also, please don't make any comments about the alignment of the content - i just can't get it to work right now. Digest and enjoy.

Vol. 1: "What is your 2009 summer jam?"

Summer is upon us - some of us will do 108 sun salutations to celebrate the solstice...others will sit by the pool and chupan los polos (today was my last day of spanish 1)...but we all need a playlist to chill to. Want some ideas? Here are some suggies from my very best Dallas pals.



1. Name: Whitnee
Hometown: Pittsburg, PA
Profession: Summer Intern
2009 Summer Jam: Christian Baleout
Why? "It's really good for running."



2. Name: Chris
Hometown: Brooklyn, NY
Profession: Summer Intern
2009 Summer Jam: Rockin That Thang - The Dream
Why? "It's hot."





3. Name: Shana
Hometown: Mansfield, TX
Profession: Producer
2009 Summer Jam: Cool Summer - Bananarama &
Miami - Will Smith

Why? "Four words - Caribbean cruise, underage drinking. Oh yeah and "Sweep the leg"."

4. Name: Brian
Hometown: Austin
Profession: Airline Merchandising
2009 Summer Jams: Word Up - Cameo
My Girl Likes To Party All The Time - Eddie Murphy
Mr. Robato - Styx

Why? "My cousin had a Cameo tape and he played it a lot."




5. Name: Beth
Hometown: Iowa
Profession: Sales
2009 Summer Jam: Ocean Avenue - Yellowcard
Why? "This is what I used to listen to on my way to Wilmington Beach (NC) and it sets the right mood for a day of fun in the sun."




6&7. Name: Matt & Ashley
Hometown: Chapel Hill, NC & Marrietta, GA
Profession: Finance & Real Estate
Matt's 2009 Summer Jam: Roof Gardens - Al Jarreau
Why? "Jazzy and catchy!"
Ashley's 2009 Summer Jam: Letters From Japan - Burts and the Bees & Lovely Day - Bill Withers
Why? "They make me happy!"



8. Name: Randall
Hometown: Jacksonville, AR
Profession: Producer
2009 Summer Jam: Movin On - Gnarles Barkley
Why? "Saw the music video at SXSW."

Was this a success? Who knows. Did it help you get a few minutes closer to happy hour? Maybe. Offended? I don't know how you would be! Have some ideas for my next edition? Comment and maybe I'll use it next.

1 comment: