Monday, June 22, 2009

I ASK YOU TALK: The Drink You Draaaaaaaaaank At 21

What is it? It was your ol' standby at the bar, what you brought to parties and draaaaaaaaaaaank a lot of to have fun. At 21, I draaaaaaaaaank a lot of vodka gimlets, a favorite of grandmothers who play bridge. It was served in a martini glass, which was fancy to me at the time, green - a good conversation starter with greasy guys at the club, and a popular girl at school once told me it was cool. However, I haven't ordered one since!

After a HUGE win over 2nd place team "I'd Hit That", I asked my softball teammates, the Bayside Tigers, what they draaaaaank at 21.



Name: Rachel
Hometown: Seattle, WA
Profession: Marketing
Drink she draaaaank: Vodka martini, straight up.
Why? Because it got me drunk really fast.
Would you drink it now? No, I'd barf!



Name: Mike
Hometown: Ramsey, NJ
Profession: Selling Slurpies/Real Estate
Drink he draaaaank: Guinness
Why? 2 weeks after I turned 21, I studied abroad in Dublin for 6 months.
Would you drink it now? Oh yeah.



Name: Chris
Hometown: Schnenctady, NY
Profession: Account Manager
Drink he draaaaank: Stoli O & 7up
Why? I worked at a bar at the time, and we all drank it.
Would you drink it now? Yes!



Name: Kathleen
Hometown: Dallas, TX
Profession: Marketing
Drink she draaaaank: Strawberry Hill Wine Coolers
Why? It tasted like fruit juice and it's what people bought me.
Would you drink it now? Hell no!


Name: Aaron
Hometown: Chicago, IL
Profession: Auditor
Drink he draaaaank: A tie - PBR and Olde Style
Why? PBR - cheap. Olde Style - cheap and a Chicago thang.
Would you drink it now? Yes, and yes in Chicago.


Name: Randy
Hometown: Detroit, MI
Profession: Executive Cashier
Drink he draaaaank: A shitload of Red Dog
Why? Cheap, cool branding (ed: executive material at such a young age!), and readily available.
Would you drink it now? I think so.



Name: Katy
Hometown: New York, NY
Profession: Marketing
Drink he draaaaank: Single Malt Scotch
Why? Because I dated a Scotsman and became a fiend. Also, it tasted like bacon.
Would you drink it now? Yes.





Do you have a special drink you'd like to share with everyone? Post it here.

2 comments:

  1. Irish car bombs. It felt like a manly upgrade to all the Tokyo Teas I was having prior...

    Nice site! Mind if I blog roll ya?

    -Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. SoCo & Sprite. My roommate was a bartender and made these at home all the time. I would totally drink one today. Memories! Like the blah blah something something . . .

    ReplyDelete