Monday, June 29, 2009

I ASK YOU TALK: 100% of New Yorkers would date a Texan

I will admit that when I lived in NYC, it was the center of my universe and no other place even mattered. I realized that I should probably learn more about the rest of the country. I found myself relocating to Dallas, TX for a job.

I definitely had my stereotypes about Texas (and I've found many proven to be true), and call me ultra-ignorant (but only once please), but I didn't really know where Oklahoma was. I only found out after I insulted someone from Kansas, which is a moment I'd like to forget. I still don't know where the "panhandle" is, but now I realize that Dallas and TX are pretty cool and I'm embracing my new life here.

I wanted to find out how other New Yorkers truly felt about Texas and its surrounding areas, so I accosted some friends, and some randoms who became friends at my bestie's birthday party and show at Don Pedro's this past weekend.

Name: Anna
Years in NYC: 30
What comes to mind when I say TX? Big hair and BBQ.
Would you ever date a Texan? I'd date a Texan, but not a Republican Texan.
Do you know where Oklahoma is? YES.




Name: Dee
Years in NYC: 12
What comes to mind when I say TX? A**holes.
Would you ever date a Texan? 4 dates, max.
Do you know where Oklahoma is? It's Texas' hat. I kinda like Oklahoma City. I spent a nice afternoon there doing laundry.



Name: Ricardo
Years in NYC: 35
What comes to mind when I say TX? The Bible and oil.
Would you ever date a Texan? Yes, as long as she is not into The Bible and oil.
Do you know where Oklahoma is? Yes, I do! It's above TX, and the home of the Sooners!



Name: Jerome
Years in NYC: 10
What comes to mind when I say TX? BBQ. Good food.
Would you ever date a Texan? Yeah!
Do you know where Oklahoma is? Northwest border of TX, near the panhandle.




Name: Lauren
Years in NYC: 1
What comes to mind when I say TX? BBQ? I don't know why but BBQ is very hot in NYC right now.
Would you ever date a Texan? I'm married but I wouldn't rule it out, especially if he looks like the guys from Friday Night Lights.
Do you know where Oklahoma is? Is it above Kansas?



Name: Jim
Years in NYC: 2
What comes to mind when I say TX? Oil, yeah.
Would you ever date a Texan? I HAVE dated a Texan, from Austin. She's now a lesbian.
Do you know where Oklahoma is? Yes, just north of Texas.




Name: Steve
Years in NYC: 47
What comes to mind when I say TX? 6th St. in Austin
Would you ever date a Texan? I'm married to a Texan! We met @ Rodeo Bar when I played there 20 years ago.
Do you know where Oklahoma is? North of TX, west of Arkansas. I've been there a few times.



Name: Joseph
Years in NYC: 3
What comes to mind when I say TX? Lots of cool things in Dallas. Also a lot of oilmen and cattle raisers.
Would you ever date a Texan? Yes, for that wild frontier spirit.
Do you know where Oklahoma is? Panhandle.



Name: Peter
Years in NYC: 13
What comes to mind when I say TX? Tumbleweeds and revolvers (like the gun).
Would you ever date a Texan? If she was slammin'.
Do you know where Oklahoma is? *no comment* and I stand by that.


There you have it. 100% of New Yorkers who took this poll would date a Texan*. Yeehaw!

*certain restrictions apply, obviously.

1 comment:

  1. BRILLIANT and HILAR! I would expect nothing less from you!

    ReplyDelete