Monday, September 1, 2008

my first whataburger

I was fortunate to share a very intimate meal with a very very special friend of mine at restaurant called Whataburger. I know it sounds like a fancy place, maybe too fancy for me, but we decided that we deserved it after a few hours of travel, and a few more to come.

Apparently, Whataburger is a TX establishment, and is making enough money to advertise during the Olympics (at least in the Dallas market). Many of these restaurants are right off the highway, and I pass at least 20 of them on my way to work.

I was determined to have Whataburger, especially since my friend only had a 45 minute (we missed our skytrain stop, and then circled the highways for 20+ minutes trying to find the right exit) layover, and I needed to get this particular Texas experience out of the way. A) i was very impressed with the cleanliness of the place B), they bring your order to your table, like a real restaurant C), they bring you a well organized platter of condiments and mints with your meal.

Overall, I had a great experience! It helped that I had low expectations to begin with. I will definitely consider patronizing a Whataburger again.

No comments:

Post a Comment