Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My babies


So I have two babies. One is a little lemon basil plant named Gennifer (for Gennifer Flowers, Bill Clinton's ex-lovah) that was born with a crooked back. She has always been sickly, and I'm not sure why. I've been feeding her a diet of water and eggshells, which means she should be pretty healthy. There are fewer and fewer green leaves on her and it worries me.

The newest addition is an arugula plant named Bammy because it started sprouting on the day Obama officially became the Democratic presidential candidate. I am so excited about my newborn because i just planted the seeds on Saturday, and 3 days later, I have sprouts!!

Although, i have been this excited before. 2 years ago, i decided to start an herb garden, and i did get sprouts, but then everything molded over a few weeks later. I'm not sure what went wrong. If all goes smoothly, I'll plant a second arugula baby next month. This is special because neither Albertson's (although no surprise) or the Farmers' Market sells arugula.

Here is a photo. Isn't he cuuuuuute?

No comments:

Post a Comment