Sunday, September 7, 2008

RIP but great weekend

So i think i've officially killed my babies. Last week, i returned from my long weekend and found Bammy, my arugula sprouts keeled over. Tonight, I got back from my weekend and found Gennifer brown and crusty. I don't understand how it dried up considering how much i watered her! I am distressed, and I'm not sure what to do. I replanted the arugula, and i have some baby sprouts again, but not as many as the first time around. I'm worried to say the least.

I just got back from an amazing weekend NYC! I went straight to the city on Friday night for mac and cheese and sangria from the airport with my sassy uptown friend and her friends. I saw my ex-roommate, who is dating a really cute girl. I almost fell out of my chair when i realized that he was almost 36 years old. It was awesome to see him and i want him to be friends with my b-school friends who had a housewarming party this weekend in Park Slope. These friends found an awesome apartment and had a cute party where we (I) drank lots of vodka and wine. Of course, i stayed with my favorite bestest friend, A-plus, in Carroll Gardens, and we brunched it up, shopped, and boogied in Brooklyn, Manhattan, and back in Brooklyn. Here are some highlights:

1. We witnessed, in Williamsburg, lots of hipster boys dancing solo to 60s soul, shimmying up a storm. I know my bestest friend doesn't think it's that big of a deal, but she danced with a guy with a humongous beard!!!!

2. She convinced me to buy a pair of butt-hugging overalls (on sale), and I had to get up the nerve to wear them out Saturday night. No one batted an eye in NYC, but not sure if they will be appropriate in Dallas. Also, am i too old to be wearing booty shorts?

3. Drunk hipsters grinding to slow jams is not a pretty sight.

4. My hair embraces humidity.

5. I had the most amazing iced coffee at Gorilla Coffee in Park Slope, and bought the cuuuuuutest coffee mug for work.

6. I LOVED seeing 2 of my favorite MBA friends living in Park Slope. It's as if they were born there.

7. It's still possible to look cute after standing in the middle of Hurricane Hanna, waiting for a cab.

I feel amazing after the best weekend in NYC, and am ready for Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment