Thursday, October 2, 2008

No lectures in dance class please

As a 30 year old "girl" who still takes dance classes, I know that i don't have a future career as a Britney backup dancer. I go to sweat it out and show off some of my skillz and then go home happy and stress free. Tonight, I went to Power House of Dance to take a Thursday night advanced hip hop class. There were only 4 people in the class, including 2 little munchkins. One was 13 and really good! But halfway through the class, our instructor, who is probably frustrated that no one came tonight, meaning he's probably not getting paid, decides to just run his mouth for 10 minutes and tell us how disappointed he is in us for not having more energy, and that no good dancers come from Texas anymore, and how everyone is so lazy and fat, etc. etc. And of course, he tells us we're all getting shown up by this 13 year old girl who just started dancing 2 years ago.

I just wanted my $15 worth of hip hop instruction! Instead, I came out barely breaking a sweat and feeling a little bad that I couldn't really pick up the routine. I guess if I was in Jr. High school right now, and all i had to do was learn pre-algebra and wait for my mom to drive me 45 minutes from Fort Worth to take dance classes, then I might be a tiny bit better.

However, I did have my first k-town karaoke session and it was SO SO fun! Holding a microphone and singing your ass off is totally addictive and after three hours, i was hoarse and tired and ready for a nappy-poo.

No comments:

Post a Comment