Sunday, October 26, 2008

i love my babies!!!





I am feeling so exhilarated because my babies are not only surviving but growing and flowering!!! And by babies, I mean my jalapeno pepper, arugula, and basil plants. I decided not to give them names because it just made me more attached to them, and more tragic if they died but now that they are healthy and happy, i might be inclined to name them soon.
I've attached some photos. As you can see, the jalapeno pepper plant is actually flowering which means that more peppers are to come! The arugula, even though it looks like one big weed, has some larger leaves (prob not enough for even 1/4 of a salad). The basil has all these new ultra green leaves growing from the top, so that is very very exciting (not like my other basil plant that died a slow death).

In last week's New York magazine, there was this whole article on urban gardens and this Japanese guy grew such amazing produce. I'm inspired to be like him! Next on the list...tomatoes? Squash?

No comments:

Post a Comment