Monday, August 3, 2009

I ASK YOU TALK: We All Have "More to Love" So Love Us More

This edition is an interesting edition because:

1. It's "Virtual" - I simply didn't have the energy to accost strangers this week in Dallas.

2. I am personally connected to each of these people - read further.

3. The show "More to Love" debuted last week and OMG OMG OMG!!!! Did they really need to display the weight of each woman everytime they featured her? Side note: does Antonio Sabato Jr. *really* need a dating show?

Anyhow, I wanted the world to learn more about some of my friends, their wonderful "More to Love" body parts and how they keep themselves the gorgeous and fit beings that they are.


Name: Debbie
Betty Connection: We eat mac ‘n’ cheese everytime we see each other
What part of your body would you consider “More to Love”? My big hair which gets really curly and poofy in the summer and my large personality.
What is your workout regime like? Squat and lunges 3 times a week and 1-2 day of cardio. I should do more cardio but oh well!
Do you have any workout advice for my readers? Mix up your workout and do as much cardio as you can tolerate.



Name: Sid
Betty Connection: We are email pen pals/fiends and friends from high school.
What part of your body would you consider “More to Love”? 1. My pecs. I like to do a lot of pushups. Women should love my pecs. 2. My passion. I get excited talking about things that probably bore other people. I don't care. I love what I love and you should love that I do.
What is your workout regime like? I've had to get back to basics so I focus on pushups, sit-ups, and other body-weight exercises daily. I try to follow Jason Statham's advice to explode in the gym for 40 minutes max, so you can get out there and live a real life.
Do you have any workout advice for my readers? Don’t set unrealistic and unreasonable goals. Set a very small goal, attain that, and then make another small goal.
Check out Sid's musings about life, law and media at siduberoi.com

Name: Betsy
Betty Connection: We make fun of boys at bars
What part of your body would you consider “More to Love”? I would say my demanding personality. It makes me feel like a real woman.
What is your workout regime like? I was able to drop about 20 pounds in a few months sticking to a strict cigarette and coffee diet.
Do you have any workout advice for my readers? Smoking is totally underrated as a weight loss tool.

Name: Aaron
Betty Connection: We both attended a 3 day web analytics training session last fall in Herdon, VA.
What part of your body would you consider “More to Love”? Let's just say that you hate to see me go but you love to watch me leave. My larger than life ass has made pants buying a challenge for years.
What is your workout regime like? I usually spend an hour a day with my Wii Fit. The Hula Hoop game is a gruelly aerobic workout and I'm a much better virtual hula hoop-er than I am a real life one.
Do you have any workout advice for my readers? Workout to stay healthy. My roommate does two-a-day workouts to achieve the perfect body but you only need it if you're in pictures. Your adoring fans are your friends and family and they don't care if you gorgeous - they just want you around for as long as possible.
Get your entertainment fix, all opinionated and stuff, at Entertainment Matters, courtesy of Aaron.

Name: Amreen
Betty Connection: We went to high school together
What part of your body would you consider “More to Love”? I love me my little pot belly... it took years to get comfy with it and realize that the waif look was never gonna be me but now it’s just so fun to rub... specially after a lovely meal!
What is your workout regime like? I don't "work out" per se but i'm pretty active...I ride my bike around a lot and try to do bikram yoga 3 times a week... my new found love is hula hooping... man that whips a tummy in shape!
Do you have any workout advice for my readers? Find something you love doing and stick with that - staying healthy shouldn't be a chore.
Hungry? Salivate over Amreen's yummy-licious blog Comida y Cultura.

Name: Andrew
Betty Connection: My date to the Sadie Hawkins dance sophomore year in high school
What part of your body would you consider “More to Love”? My calf muscles. I have been born with large calf muscle genes that I don't fully utilize.
What is your workout regime like? Jogging/running 3 times a week, abs twice a week, muscle building 3 times a week. Sometimes I go swim, yoga or just do something different.
Do you have any workout advice for my readers? Stay consistent - This is the key to keeping up a healthy lifestyle and exercise routine.

Name: Ben
Betty Connection: My friend A+ and I met him at a bar in Brooklyn, playing Battleship (say that 3x fast!)
What part of your body would you consider “More to Love”? Ever since I can remember, both my thighs and calves were developed and bulbous, making my upper body seem puny in comparison. (However, this provided me with the incentive to get my upper body developed to balance things out.)
What is your workout regime like? It varies - in the winter I go snowboarding every weekend. In warmer weather I go bike riding with friends or play regular and table tennis (hey, I’m Asian!). I also practice jiu-jitsu.
Do you have any workout advice for my readers? Do what you love. You’ll stay with something if you genuinely enjoy it. And make sure you have fun!
Get your booty shake on - Ben spins funky stuff in the NYC area as dj SOUL KOREA. Keep track of his whereabouts at myspace.com/soulkorea and on twitter @soulkorea!

So hula hooping seems to be a new fitness trend, mix that up with some jazz walks and bicep curls and you've got a workout! Remember, you heard it here first @ little b in the big d.

No comments:

Post a Comment