Monday, February 9, 2009

Sucky Stock Show

Argh, I totally got my hopes up about the Fort Worth Stock Show this weekend because people had been telling me how fun it was, and that there were wild mustangs on display and for auction, and all these cool musical acts were going to be there. Anyhow, we got there at 6:30pm on Saturday night, and the first thing we encounter is a sign that said "Very few livestock exhibits on display today."

WHAT?! A livestock show without livestock?! It instantly put me in a bad mood. Not to mention we were starving.

We did end up in the cattle barn and that was pretty cool to see all the award winning cows and the cutie little baby cows. It was shocking to see how many men were wearing cowboy hats and boots (i would say the majority). I can't believe they were selling tractors and other machinery there. And the rodeo was SOLD OUT!

The beer was free flowing, however, so we did enjoy a beer while perusing the exhibit area, and cows. The horses looked so sad though.

I guess the best time to hit the stock show is early, and during the day?

1 comment:

  1. you're so cute! "I can't believe they were selling tractors n stuff..."

    Honey, where else they gonna move that merch? Barneys? I love reading your adventures in Texas, since you and I are practically sisters. Fremont, San Mateo, I mean really. Two cities so alike they built a bridge between them. :-) You're making me wish I hadn't been so picky about where my post-MBA job is located... if I ever find one!

    Suz

    ReplyDelete